My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.speedofdark-web.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

11.02.2008

GObama Sunday


The best man isn't going to win without your vote, and I'm not hiding who I think the best man is. And Californians: please vote NO on Prop 8. The purpose of the state constitution is not to tell people what they can't do with their personal lives.

I know Frank Hoier is an Obama supporter too. He thanked me personally for putting "Jesus Don't Give Tax Breaks to the Rich" in my Time For Change post a couple of weeks ago. I have become a big fan of his other songs on both Lovers and Dollars with the Weber Brothers and his solo EP Love Is War. Check them out, and you will be won over too. Hoier rivals John Fogerty for his facility to work his political views into catchy country-rock tunes.
Frank Hoier: I've Made Up My Mind from Lovers and Dollars (2008)
This track was provided by an authorized agent of the artist for the expressed purpose of distribution on Speed of Dark.
MySpace | Label: Platypus Records
Buy at Amazon.com, iTunes, and eMusic

I was already thinking of posting an Obama mix when I got this song from wonderful Baltimore band Lake Trout. They are more diplomatic that I am, but from their wording I don't think they mind being included in my message. Here is what they want everyone to know:

"This is your chance..... our chance, to make history. There's so much at stake....Roe v. Wade, Iraq, economic regulation, energy independence, education, ethics, health care..........and so much more.

The election isn't over 'til the 5th and everyone actually votes.
And just so you never say we never gave you anything..."

Lake Trout: What You Need
This track was provided by the artist for the expressed purpose of distribution on Speed of Dark.
MySpace | Website | Label: Rx Records/Palm Pictures Records
Buy other songs at Amazon.com, iTunes, and eMusic

New Yorkers Gladshot were not likely to have been thinking of Obama when they wrote this song that appears on their new album Burn Up and Shine. Debbie Andrews and Mike Blaxill trade and combine vocals, and the band has a nice range of different styles, including this nice little rocker that is great for a road trip too.
Gladshot: All I Want Is You from Burn Up and Shine
This track was provided the artist for the expressed purpose of distribution on Speed of Dark.
MySpace | Label: Website | Self-released
Buy at Direct from Gladshot (scroll down), iTunes, and eMusic (older albums)

Obama poster by Los Angeles artist Shepard Fairey, who also created the Andre the Giant posters for Obey.

No comments: